Hosted Microsoft Exchange Service
Please find below a link to our description of the entire email onboarding and migration process. It describes the various paths for all of the possible migration scenarios. In order to discover which path your migration will follow; please take a moment before viewing the process to answer the questions below. As you read through the various migration processes you can then apply the information that you have discovered to map out your own path.
If you have established a new domain and we’re setting up e-mail for the first time, the process is greatly simplified. We’ll need to know the following details;
- First we’ll need control of your DNS record. If not managed by NuOz you will need the account login credentials. We can advise on the necessary edits, or, with your login details we can manage the changes on your behalf.
- In order to create your hosted email accounts we’ll need a list of proposed email addresses along wit a first/last name and a temporary password. (The temporary password can be the same for all of the new accounts) Users will be instructed to reset their password after the installation is complete.
- Officially edit DNS record.
- If applicable, download, install and configure the latest version of Outlook on the desktop and go live.
If we are migrating existing mail boxes we’ll need to know the following details;
- Is the current email platform currently POP, IMAP or Exchange?
- Are these accounts currently active?
- Who is the current email provider?
- Do you have usernames and passwords on file for each account?
- What type of computers will be used, Windows or Mac?
- Do any users access mail on a remote desktop, or via Citrix?
- we’ll need control of your DNS record. If not managed by NuOz you will need the account login credentials. We can advise on the necessary edits, or, with your login details we can manage the changes on your behalf.
Once you have considered the questions above we invite you to review the entire process flow located at: http://www.nuoz.com/voipcloud-computing/hosted-exchange-migration/
What we need from Customers migrating to Exchange Server.
- Do they currently have email?
- Is it POP, IMAP or Exchange?
- Is the account currently active?
- If yes who is their current email provider?
- Do they have a username and password to all of the accounts?
- Do they want us to on board their data from their old system? Only available for Exchange and IMAP users). We can read in pop pst files into Outlook then back to Exchange using a remote control program. Depending on the size of the PST files and how fast their Internet connection, we can import them into Outlook there, or up load them from our office if they have a slow internet connection.
- Where is their DNS hosted?
- If not with us, do they have the login credentials? Or do they have a contact that has access to their DNS.
- Do they want us to migrate their DNS to us (recommended)?
- Do they want us to transfer their domain to us (recommended)?
- What type of computer are they going to use (Windows, Mac?) on Citrix, remote Desktop?
- Do they want a copy of Outlook for Windows or Mac? This is available one per email address.
- How many users?
- Who will be the administrator or do they want us to completely mange it?
- Will they allow us to remote desktop to their computers?